Search



Content

Crispy Pan-Grilled Salmon With Creamy Sauce

I love fish. Lately, I have been buying only fish in the supermarkets. I can't fathom why I no longer tolerate the aftertaste of chicken. And since I am aiming for a healthier lifestyle, I'm trying to restrain my urge to eat red meats. So I'd like to share a really simple fish recipe that I always have. It is quick, simple and scrumptious of course!

 The method of cooking used is grilling or pan-frying. Here is the recipe for one serving ;
A
1 salmon portion
1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp dill
S&P

Olive oil

B
1 shallot –sliced
1 clove garlic –sliced

1/3 cup double cream

1 tbs butter

2 tbs water
S&P to taste


C

1/2 cup broccoli florets

1/2 carrot - sliced

1 potato - halved

S&P 
  1. Use items in A to prepare the salmon except the olive oil.
  2. Heat up a non-stick pan on medium heat and grease it with olive oil.
  3. Pan-grill the fish skin on for a minute and then on the other side for another minute.
  4. If the fish is not cooked through, you may repeat step 3 for less than a  minute on each side. Otherwise, in a pre-heated oven, cook the fish at 170 for about 7 minutes. Always check on your fish in the oven to prevent over-cooking. 
  5. With the same pan, grease it with butter and then add garlic and shallot from B .As the condiments begin to change in colour just slightly, add water. 
  6. As water begins to bubble quickly stir in cream and stir well. Season with salt and pepper. Your cream sauce is done.
  7. Sauté pre-boiled veges in C in the same pan. You could add some garlic or shallots. Sometimes I would just boil the veges and not pan-fry them later. Season veges with S&P.

Voila! Your pan-grilled salmon is ready!

 
Yours truly,
A.T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Areej Taufik

Areej Taufik

About Me

I'm a budding food scientist who loves to eat ,cook ,bake ,travel and take photos.

Connect with me on:

Followers

My YOUTUBE Channel

INSTAGRAM