Search



Content

Hawaiian Shrimp Recipe

I have a never ending romance with seafood. It’s so intense that I sometime wish I could build a home by the sea just so I could have endless –and not to mention fresh and affordable- supplies of seafood products. I yearn a good piece of lean white fish meat and pack it up with some fresh off the sea squids and prawns. I really don’t mind going through the tedious and messy shelling and veining processes .Although not quite enjoyable, flashing visions of what the end bit will look and taste like indisputably entice me to go through it like a real cook. So in this entry, I have decided to share with you one of the best seafood recipes I have ever delivered. I recall having seen a similar version on TV sometime ago but I cannot remember which channel ,but most importantly which celebrity chef shared it. All I remember are some ingredients- shrimps, pineapple, ginger, corn starch, soy sauce and peppers.  So this is my rendition of the aired recipe–a creation based on faint memories of that one particular episode of a cook show. I figured, what else could you do with those ingredients combined?
 The method of cooking used is sauteeing and and pan-frying. And the number of ingredients used is surprisingly small but they are intense in flavours. Here are the ingredients and steps ;
A
500gm of shrimps
2 tbs of corn starch
3 table spoon of light soy sauce
½ tsp of mashed ginger
1 garlic clove- mashed

B
1 red onion -sliced
3 shallots –sliced
3 cloves of garlic –sliced
¾ cup of light soy sauce
2 tbs of fish sauce
1 tbs of sesame oil
½ pineapple –chunks
2 bell peppers –yellow and red , small slices
1 tbs chili flakes
S&P to taste

  1. After preparing the shrimp, combine all ingredients in A and refrigerate it for 45 minutes to an hour.
  2. The next step is to pan-fry the coated shrimp about a minute on each side until you get a golden crispy exterior on each side. Put the shrimp aside once cooked.
  3. Heat up the oil and then sautee the onion and shallots until translucent and add in the garlic.
  4. Add in the peppers and sautee through for about a minute. Then add the sauces, coating the ingredients thouroughly before adding the pineapple chunks.
  5. At the very last minute, add in the shrimp and season to taste

 10526052_10152340553388821_5527078972393739607_n
Yours truly,
A.T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Areej Taufik

Areej Taufik

About Me

I'm a budding food scientist who loves to eat ,cook ,bake ,travel and take photos.

Connect with me on:

Followers

My YOUTUBE Channel

INSTAGRAM