Search



Content

Why I Should Get A Waffle-Maker

Here, read my rant on why I should buy a waffle-making machine:

I sauntered the capitalistic corridors of a mall massively filled with day-time materialist-zombies sucking out every single bit of the mad dog-eat-dog world of consumerism. I stop at almost every clothing outlet thinking what would actually be worthy of my money. Each time I get all drained out by window-shopping, I would find an interesting snack to champ on. So typically, I would rush to the food court like a fat kid chasing an ice-cream van in summer and see where my smelling sense would take me. In the end, I will always end up at the waffle stall. I don’t know about you, or anyone, but I can never resist the smell of a warm waffle, and the crisp sound it makes as it is spread with a generous amount of peanut butter and chocolate. I am already salivating. I love waffles. I adore waffles. And quite frankly, I cannot live without waffles. The ones I get from this stall called ‘Nelson’ or any simple snack stall, costs me less than 3MYR. What’s not to love; it’s cheap and scrumptious. It is a warm snack with a sweet decadent finishing to it. I always order mine with a chocolate and peanut butter spread.  The combination is superb.  It’s so good that I grow tiny wings at my back and flutter in awe levitating myself to reach the holy light of food-gasm.
On other occasions, when I feel a tad more adventurous, I would visit high-end cafes or restaurants and indulge in a plate of good ‘ol waffle. There is a Belgian waffle stall in the heart of Kuala Lumpur but it is sadly not to my liking. The ‘stall’ is called Wafflemeister and it is situated smacked in the middle of the Petronas Twin Towers. The waffle is alright, but the toppings, they are about the amount of Prince William’s hair at his wedding. That’s right; the waffle is not generously covered with toppings, unlike the real Belgian waffles. Not only is it disappointing, but having to pay exorbitantly for it is far more ludicrous. I had to pay nearly 20RM for a waffle that tastes much less than OK- horrid! The stall claims to use the ‘finest’ chocolates but in the end, the 3MYR Nelson waffle is far more worthy. And yet, people would still go there because as materialist-zombies, they think it’s chic and cool to spend a lot on something so overrated. Bless them. On the other hand, my visit to The Daily Grind in Bangsar, at the south of Kuala Lumpur was a  delightful epicurean moment. I paid just about the same amount, but not only did I get a bigger portion of a waffle, I also got a heap of whipped cream, accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream, strawberry cuts and a heart-warming maple syrup. Now that ladies and gentlemen, is how you treat a customer-don’t ever try to trick them into spending more than what you can a c t u a l l y offer.
All these adventures and misadventures are all but a riddle- how much more do I have to spend on waffles? And how much longer do I have to anticipate my next trip to the Nelson’s. It’s a sting to my hungry soul. I want a waffle-maker. And yes, I am getting one. I shall fret no more, bemoan no more and ponder no more, for I will get the soulful machine that will make my heart skip a beat.
YOLO
Wafflemeister waffle
The shameful waste at Wafflemeister
Daily Grind waffle
The glorious waffle at The Daily Grind

Yours truly,
A.T.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Areej Taufik

Areej Taufik

About Me

I'm a budding food scientist who loves to eat ,cook ,bake ,travel and take photos.

Connect with me on:

Followers

My YOUTUBE Channel

INSTAGRAM