Search



Content

Officially a YOUTUBER!

When I did my MSc studies in the UK two years ago, I began developing interest in makeup. All thanks to Superdrugs, Boots and my good friend Alya.

Drugstore makeup in the UK is super affordable! Boots and Superdrug are two of the most massive pharmaceutical and cosmetic retailers in the UK. At Superdrug, you get to buy drugstore makeup at discounted prices almost every week. It is as though it's festive season every week in the UK. And at Boots, you can purchase high end and drugstore makeup and any other items with accumulated points from previous purchases! I remember spending all my points during my last trip to Boots before coming home to Malaysia on makeup. Not a single penny was spent on that day :P

I started watching a plethora of makeup tutorials on Youtube while I was there because of Alya. We would recommend videos to each other and we would shop for makeup stuff together. I probably wouldn't be doing makeup now if it wasn't for her, quite honestly.

When I came back from the UK, I began pursuing a freelance career as a makeup artist. I attended a makeup class by Naqiah Rahim and Erin Leola- two of the biggest names in the Malaysian makeup industry. From there, I set up a business instagram account @menareejnya and have since been promoting my services across a few social media platforms.

Since about a year ago, I had to shift my focus to my 9-5 job and so, I do gigs after hours and on weekends. It's not too bad since my husband has been very supportive of my venture. Somewhere in August, I told him I wanted to start my makeup channel on Youtube, he took it ecstatically. So after figuring out all the necessities in video-making, I shot and uploaded my very first tutorial on Youtube on 23rd August! The video shows how I created a smokey eye look on my sister-in-law (one of the perks of having a pretty and supportive sister!). She has small eyes, almost monolids.

It has been a month now and I have uploaded 4 makeup and skincare videos!

***Here is the link to my Youtube channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu2mQKz8g38rGIicuXELP1A

***My first video featuring my beautiful sister- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmDZBEXROnY

Or you may watch it below! Enjoy , and do subscribe to my channel to get updated on my upcoming videos , and do drop comments to let me know your thoughts , recommendations and requests on my current and next content! <3


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Areej Taufik

Areej Taufik

About Me

I'm a budding food scientist who loves to eat ,cook ,bake ,travel and take photos.

Connect with me on:

Followers

My YOUTUBE Channel

INSTAGRAM

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.